Feminine Portraiture Workshop October 6, 7 & 8 2017 / Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Limited Spots Available! Don’t miss out 🙂
12 9 Spots Available
I conduct my workshops once per year with limited spots available. Quality over quantity. My workshops are important to me and I put massive amounts of work and detail into them. Its an intense 3 days but the satisfaction I get at the end with the kind words and appreciation from my attendees makes it all worth it
(7 Hours with a Lunch break )
- Working With A Team and how to make sure your expectations are met.
- Models Or Regular Clients (Working with Both)
- Finding Inspiration
- Mood Boards
- Telling A Visual Story
- Portfolio Development
- Seeking Publications (blogs & Magazines)
- Social Media
- Live Shoot – Watching as I shoot and Guide the Subject + Q&A
- Understand How To Project Emotion in your subject
(approx 7 hrs with a lunch break)
Day Two will be very busy and physical so make sure to dress as comfortable as possible with proper footwear.
Depending on the number of attendees, our groups will be small. 4-5 Students Per Group/ Model.
3 Models will each be covering a specific theme/ concept /Lighting Set Up and will be changing clothing 2-3 times each. That means you will be leaving with tons of images to update your portfolios and have a good mix/ variety in your images from this workshop.
We will be shooting in both studio lighting as well as natural lighting.
(approx 7 hrs with a lunch break)
Editing and Photoshop Techniques.
I will be going over some Photoshop tools as we work together on a few images from the previous days shoot. You will be watching me as I edit and following along on your own laptops.
Later in the afternoon I will be talking about
- Working with Textures
- Using Overlays
- Skin Retouching
- Dodge & Burn Techniques
- Color Adjustments
- Cleaning Up Hair
- + Portfolio Review ( Optional and Must request critique upon registration)
By the end of this workshop you should have a large amount of images with many looks to work on and show off on your own websites, blogs and Social Profiles as well as an understanding of guiding your subject and getting what you want them to do with confidence.
Prerequisites. Before registration, please make sure and read the following,
- You MUST have Photoshop CS3 or later installed in your laptops. (no PS Elements)
- During our editing portion, even though its not a must, it would be beneficial to use an editing tablet such as a Wacom.
- In PS, it will beneficial to already know where basic tools are such as brushes, colour picker, selection tool and so on
- You Should understand Shutter, ISO, F/Stop etc with use of your camera.
You can either choose to pay the entire amount or make a 50% Deposit of the total amount now, and the remaining 50% will be due no later than 45 Days Prior to workshop Date. Just be sure to send me an email me so we can set it up! : email@example.com. Paypal or Credit Cards Only. Sorry, No Cheques.
Equipment & Software
- SLR Camera + Ideal: Prime Lens at 50mm + 85mm – Otherwise a zoom lens that can range between those numbers.
- Wacom Tablet
- Multiple Memory Cards with TONS of room for your shots!
- Photoshop CS5 and Up
Accommodations & Travel
Travel & Accommodations are not included in your workshop fees unless otherwise stated. Once we are at a couple months prior to the workshop date, I will be sending out an email with information guide about the workshop, Venue, Close by Hotels and so on.
If for any reason you need to cancel you will need to cancel no later than 30 days prior to the workshop date so this can allow time to fill the spot. You may also sell your spot to someone else if you wish, just make sure to email me with the changes.
Use of Images
You are allowed to use the workshop images for your website portfolios, social media profiles and printed portfolios. You cannot use the images for commercial purposes, sell as stock photos or any other use without first enquiring about usage terms.
Food & Beverage
Coffee, Tea, Water will be provided as well as Morning Pastries and other light snacks through out the day.
For Meals I will include a list of close by eateries for options in the email closer to the date.
Terms & Conditions
Please be sure to read the TAC before registration.
$1399.00 US Early Bird Registration
Regular Price $1599.00 USD. Special Pricing ends on April 3, 2017